Monday, June 15, 2009

What's The View!

I have wanted to do a "Viewmaster card" ever since I first saw the tutorial on Splitcoast ages and ages ago. This is a hard card for a couple of reasons. The first is you need things in your windows that make sense with the saying or image on the front of your card. The second is dressing the card up to look nice. I think I was able to do both after many, many thoughts on this card. I found two ideas that worked. Each of them is five and a half inches square.The first is in Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Basic Black and Whisper white. I put the "spin mechanism" on the left side for this card and had to be very careful with the position for the window as it just barely fits using the large oval punch. I know this is a bit confusing, unless you have made one of these cards. But the window is tricky if you do not want the outside edge of the bottom layer to show through. I also have more layers in my card than a typical Viewmaster card. I took pictures as I made this card in case there was interest for a tutorial on how I made my Viewmaster card. The greeting on the cards says.."YOU" "R" and then the responses are in the window. Below you can see the first saying in the window which is "wonderful"
Here is the next saying in the window...kind


and the last is ....a Best Friend


I also included a saying on the inside of the card but forgot to include the picture for this post. Sorry.
Here is my second Viewmaster card. This was has a time theme and an aged look with Chocolate chic, Kraft, Close to cocoa and very vanilla cardstock colors being used. I used various sets, many of which are retired to make this card. The Greeting says " Time Spent with Friends is..."
and the windows say..."fun"

and " time well spent"


and "special". Oh, I am not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but the clock arms also move. I think though, if I did this card over, I would buy some clock hardware and add real arms.

To make the word "Friends" stand out I put some Stickles inside the letter outlines and then let it dry.

These were sooooooooooo very fun to make. I think they should offer them as another technique challenge on Splitcoast, what do you think?
I wonder what else I can do with this technique.
Thanks,




No comments: